September 21, 2009

Christie Beach
















After a full morning at church, lunch at Pancakes House delighting in choc pancakes drizzled with fudge, a city walk, we later took a quick tour of Saldechin at 21 King William St. I'd always wanted to take a peek of the much talked about restaurant cum bar spot and glad I did.

Previously an old bank building, the now converted restaurant exudes a colonial feeling albeit a huge collection of Oriental artefacts. Carefully painted cabinets with intricate work of a pelican or bird hover lightly over the cabinet doors. Row of shelves with an array of colorful fans greets me and my sons as we take in their shapes and form.

Martini glasses rest on their panels and with a flirtatious imagination, I imagine a relic James Bond standing with poise by the bar, and ordering a 'shaken not stirred' typed martini. I've certainly found my new spot and immediately tell hubby I'm hosting my next birthday here at Saldechin!

Done with the city, we venture out to Noarlunga and Christie's Beach in the late arvo. Since it'd be the last weekend trip we're making with Terri, we thought it would be a good trip for her. To take in the scenic drive along the coastline, brimming with lapping cold water and leaving a tail of froth as it breaks its journey on the shore. The ocean and her waves never cease to fill me with a new found spirit.

Christie's Beach is divine, pretty and absolutely uplifting. As soon as I stepped off Terri, I could feel the pure air of love and mystique. A long army of rods took positions on the jetty, as the young and old, patiently, they wait for a tug, and soon delight in reeling in their new find. Would it be their dream catch today?

I watch a couple from below pose romantically for a photographer..wedding bells must be in the air as they gaze and cuddle closely.

A troop of children play in the wet sand, some making doodles with their wet toes, some burying their small soft feet under the sand whilst others brave the waves and soak in its delight.

From far, towering beach houses and handsomely built homes preside over the coastline view. Balinese decor, teak furnitures and colorful cushion adorns the majestic homes and I soon miss my collection of teak furnitures I left in Malaysia. As memories flood in, I look at my beautiful family and sleeky Terri and recall the new memories we are creating here, all filled with colour, aspirations, love and laughter.

We walk back uphill, after leaving the gorgeous jetty and its view and as I look back, I take a sneak peek at the drooping orange ball, fiery in its shape and smile as she takes rest in her sunset.
Another magical day ended on a high note. We will miss Terri alot, and we gaze at her with misty eyes, as we head the highway back home.















No comments: