July 5, 2009

'An Hour of Bliss' Is Published



Back to blogging. Haven't had the time to pen my thoughts here as I've been overwhelmed with a tsunami of work commitments, managing a busy household, moving the family from a compact unit to a lovely home fringed with roses, frangipanis and a huge hovering tree to a massive backyard garden, enough to host our very own footy match; and my fabolous book project which kept me away from the digital world.
The book project kicked off fantastically, after 8 weeks of gruelling but intriguing battle of ideas and exchanges at the Unley Writer's Group. With an intimate family themed launch, and the Deputy Mayor gracing our book launch, I could not have been more pleased with the birth of 'An Hour of Bliss'.
It was heartening to have my family beside me, and especially to have my sons stand beside me as I did a reading from the book. ' An Hour of Bliss' records a collection of stories penned by a pool of writers, comprising of mothers and grandmothers, from a rich diversified cultural backgrounds, echoing the memory trails of our children and grandchildren.
It is certainly a perfect gift for our children and one I can be proud of, as I have always penned my thoughts and captured the essence of my sons vivacious lives and the constant flow of adventures that never seems to tire me.
I am delighted to embark on this delightful chapter in my life, as I study the intricacies of writing and absorb myself in the writing realm, filled with emotions and never to be awaken until I dream my biggest dream, to get my first novel published.

So, as I challenge my days filled with ongoing maternal tasks, I take courage that I can still accord some writing time, even if it means storing my mental notes,or in my bedside notebook or that pieces of striking Post-It notes that sits neatly in an angle on my bookshelf; offering much hurried scribbles as I leave a burst of ideas and thoughts.
My current mantra that has superseded me is:

I HAVE TO, GOT TO AND NEED TO accord some 'alone' time to get back to my writing projects and continue studying my 'subjects' for the next book project to materialise.

It will as I can feel the current emotions and energy wrapping me with its zest and speed.

For now, I shall sit back and tilt my head and allow yesterday's, today's and tomorrow's events unfold its imperfect creases and folds and showcase its pool of information at my fingertips.

Ah, it's time for a hot cuppa..so I shall take my leave and imprint my thoughts again...

No comments: